Sweet Lou Retiring at Season's End

For those surprised to hear on Tuesday that Lou Piniella announced that he will retire at the conclusion of the season, where have you been?  If you've been mildly following the Cubs this season, you are pretty sure that Hendry is going to get fired and that Lou had basically given up on the season.  Personally, I think it was a genius strategic move by Piniella.  They aren't going to fire him during the season now because he's out of there anyway.

The Cubbies responded by putting a whoppin' on the Astros.  They were really excited about it for a minute, then they realized that it was just the Astros.

P.S. - Point of personal privilege (which seems odd since it's my blog anyway), as this post is getting published on the blog, I am sitting at my first game in Wrigley Field, and the Cardinals are destroying the Cubs 22-3 in the third inning.... Well, I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment