Cardinals to Open Gift Wrap Business in Denver

For the second night in a row, the Cardinals dropped a game to the Rockies in horrible, bullpen-collapse, walk-off fashion when Chris Ianetta hit a solo shot in the 9th inning on Wednesday night, giving the Rockies a 8-7 victory after the Cardinals entered the bottom of the 8th inning with a 7-4 lead.

Evan MacLane, who gave up Wednesday night's walk-off to the first batter he has ever faced in the major leagues, on his historic appearance: "I've always wanted to be on the same list as [San Diego pitcher] J.J. Trujillo, and now I feel like I've finally made it."

In related news, the St. Louis Cardinals have decided to open their own gift wrap business in the greater Denver area.  Closer Ryan Franklin, who gave up 6 runs in Tuesday's 12-9 defeat: "I've really been looking for an opportunity to put my new Santa goatee to work in some special ways for people in need.  I think I've finally found that opportunity here in Denver.  Any time you have an opportunity to give back, it's a good day."

The new gift wrap business is going to be available for Denver residents for just one more day before moving on to Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment