All Star Festivities Begin

Welcome to the All Star Break!

All Star Festivities began on Sunday night with the MLB Futures game featuring the best of the minor leagues divided into two teams - the World Team and US Team.  The US Team showed what the World Baseball Classic continually fails to show - that the U.S. dominates baseball!!!  USA!  USA!  USA!  Eat that, Spain, and your fading World Cup glory!

As I write this, the Legends & Celebrity softball game is going on.  I probably should wait until it is over to talk about it, but let's face it, I'm probably not going to watch the whole thing, and you're not watching it either.  Here's what you need to know - Bo Jackson is playing 1st base for the AL team; Gary Carter is catching for the NL team; M.C. Hammer has already homered; and Guy Fieri just hit a single.

I'm pretty sure I just heard John Kruk, who was standing on 2nd at the time, ask if they could steal.  I don't think Kruk could steal a base when he was in his prime.  I doubt he can do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment