Webb May Pitch in 2010

Brandon Webb of the Arizona Diamondbacks may try to pitch for the first time in nearly two seasons... out of the bullpen.

Let me get this straight.  A guy who dominated in 2006 to win the Cy Young... as the best pitcher in the National League... is thinking about coming back this season by pitching in the bullpen.  Did I miss something?  Do the Diamondbacks have such starting pitching depth that the can trade away Edwin Jackson, who threw a no-hitter this season, and Dan Haren, who was a legitimate Cy Young candidate last season, and then have Brandon Webb pitch out of the bullpen?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Kennedy, Saunders, Lopez, Enright & Hudson where such a formidable force on the mound.  The D'Backs might as well toss aside Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux and Avery for that rotation.

Does anybody wonder why the Diamondbacks have been so bad the last couple of years?  I think I've found your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment